Saturday 1 June 2013

Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Metallic Pomegranate & Eternal Gold


If you aren't aware of Maybelline's Colour Tattoo range then here's a quick run down. They're cream eyeshadows essentially used as a base before applying your powder eyeshadow. It's really important to apply a cream base or some kind of eye primer 
for 2 reasons.
1. Your eyeshadow will have tons more staying power.
2. The colours will be much more vibrant.

Maybelline released these a while ago and if you've read my recent favourites post here, then you'll know I've been loving the shade Pink Gold. Well a few days ago I decided to take advantage of a 'buy one get one half price' offer in Boots on all Maybelline products (if you're lusting after any Maybelline goodies then head on over there and stock up while the offer's on!) I picked up Metallic Pomegranate & Eternal Gold simply because they're such pretty colours! I was drawn to the more neutral bronze shades at first but I decided to go with something a bit out of the norm. 

Metallic Pomegranate

Eternal Gold


I love these cream shadows because they don't crease, they have great staying power and there's a really good variety of shades to choose from. Have a look at the Boots website here to see the full shade range.

Unlike the high end alternatives, these are really affordable at £4.99 each and they're definitely going to last you a long time, dependent on how often you use them of course.

I'm off out next weekend for a friend's birthday and in typical beauty junkie style I'm already planning my makeup :) I know I want to do quite a bronzed look with gold smokey eyes so Eternal Gold will make a great base. I'm also thinking of pairing Metallic Pomegranate with my Estée Lauder Raisins palette to create a burgundy look when the occasion arises.

Have you tried any of the Colour Tattoos? Or even a high end alternative? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. They are both really lovely Hun xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS