Sunday 30 September 2012

The Secret

I know this is a beauty blog and it normally involves lipsticks, skin care and a bit of fashion but sometimes it's nice to throw in something different and a bit more personal.
I'll start by saying I'm a major book geek! I read a book or 2 a week and I just find reading really relaxing and a great way to have a bit of 'me' time. Running around after a toddler all day is non stop craziness and there's nothing I like better than to spend my evening getting into a good book : ) told you I was a geek!

This post is all about a book I read a couple of months ago called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. To say this book has inspired me would be an understatement, it has single handedly changed the way I think about life and how I react to every day situations.



The Message behind this book is positivity. I won't go into too much detail, you can read the book for that! But basically it's the law of attraction. What we project into the universe through our thoughts, feelings, actions and what we say out loud bounces back to us and affects our lives. So putting it simply, if you have negative thoughts or you see the worst in situations, you'll get nothing but negativity back. The opposite is also true, embrace positivity, think positively about everything you do, visualise where you want to be in life and project these positive images from your mind and into the universe, and you'll only get positive outcomes in return.




We're in control of our own destiny, we choose whether to go through life and be grateful for what we have, find the positives in everything we experience, or worry, get angry and think negative thoughts, the choice is ours.

Thats the basis of the book, but you really need to read it to understand The Secret. I know I sound like a crazy hippy the way I'm explaining it! But really it's common sense. Love yourself, love life, don't get involved in petty arguments, be thankful for every little thing you have and never let negative thoughts or negative people influence you. This book made me realise that all that matters is my son's health & happiness and mine.

My son Milan

I've always been a bit of a worrier, over thinking things and imagining the most negative outcome but I can honestly say after reading this book my whole thought process has changed. I'm positive about almost everything I experience on a day to day basis (not 100% but it takes a lot of practise to get rid of negative thoughts completely), I no longer have negative people in my life, only supportive family and friends who truly have my best interests at heart. The most important thing I've learnt is to think before I speak! And although this will make me sound crazy, I visualise every. single. day. Without fail! It's so important to create an image in your head of where you see yourself, whether it's skinny, extremely wealthy, married to the man of your dreams, totally healthy... Whatever your dream is you have to imagine you're already living it and I do that all the time : )




It's amazing how your life changes when you have nothing but positive energy around you, nothing can upset you for too long, you can take angry feelings and turn them into positive feelings. With practise and 100% belief in what The Secret teaches you, you can basically be a better person.
I know this is pretty deep for a blog post so I'll leave it there and share some of my favourite positive quotes, I have these saved on my phone so that whenever I feel down, angry or frustrated about anything in my life I can look at these and honestly they clear my mind and help me to focus on what's really important.










            "DO SOMETHING TODAY, THAT YOUR FUTURE SELF WILL
                                          THANK YOU FOR"


1 comment:

  1. awww your son is adorable!!! :-)

    Missy
    http://neveradullmomentwithmissy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS