Monday 3 March 2014

Current Favourites - Skincare, Makeup & Jewellery

On this rainy, cold Monday I needed some cheering up. And seeing as there's nothing I love more than rambling on about beauty products, I deemed it the perfect day to share my current favourites with you! 

I know most bloggers like to give a monthly update with regard to the products they've been loving, but sometimes I have the same favourites from month to month so I like to be a lot more casual and infrequent with these kind of posts. I have a selection of goodies that have really stood out over the past couple of months so let's get on with it...



Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

I've posted a review on this which you can read here, so I won't say too much about it other than I haven't been able to put it down the past few weeks! I love the rose gold tones and as usual with UD eyeshadows, they're buttery soft and beautiful to apply. 



Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips 

I remember using these as a teenager! Biore has been around for donkey's years and their pore strips are still going strong. This box of six strips is super cheap and they still do the job all these years later. You apply a strip over your nose, wait about ten minutes, pull it off (can be an eye-watering experience..) and voila! Clear pores :) This really does pull all that built up grime out of your skin and as disgusting as this sounds, I get serious satisfaction out of inspecting the strip afterwards, I use one once a week and I can't see myself ever not using them. 



Antipodes 'Avocado Pear' Nourishing Night Cream

Bit of a tongue twister! This is my go to night cream at the moment and has been for the past month. It's packed full of goodness such as 100% pure avocado oil (restores skin cells), calendula oil (heals and repairs) and active manuka honey to smooth and moisten. I use an Antipodes cleanser too and I have to say I'm really impressed with the brand. The products feel lovely and natural on my skin and I love to use a thick night cream like this one to give my skin a good injection of moisture through the night.



Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner

I'm not a huge eyeliner lover, it's not something I wear on a daily basis but when I do I've been reaching for this one more than others. With it's felt tip applicator, it's fool proof and glides onto the eyelid with no fuss and no mess. It's super black and opaque and I can really quickly wing my liner out with this. If you're looking for a good liquid liner, give this a go.



Seventeen Phwoarr Paint

This heavy duty concealer is flippin amazing stuff! I'll admit I wasn't expecting much as the brand is at the lower end of the price scale and I can't say I've ever heard many raves about it. But I stand corrected! I've been applying this every single day since I bought it to conceal any darkness around my eyes, I do get some purple-greyness in my inner corners but this seriously covers it! It's really thick and creamy but definitely not cakey and it doesn't budge. I opted for the shade medium as it has a salmon undertone which is perfect for getting rid of any dark circles.



Motives '10 Years Younger' Setting Spray

This stuff is the business. If you want your face to stay matte all day even if you have oily skin, buy this. You will not be disappointed. I've never found a setting spray that keeps my makeup in place like this does, everything stays put for an 8 hour work day and that's something to rejoice over! It's pricey as far as setting sprays go but I'd pay it five times over for this.



Statement Necklace from The Jewel Shack

I came across The Jewel Shack on facebook and immediately I fell in love. Anyone that knows me knows I'm obsessed with statement necklaces. I have far too many and I just can't stop buying them! The Jewel Shack has such glamorous, over the top designs and this particular necklace is my first and far from last purchase. It's called 'Bailey's Latte' and it's the perfect accessory to go with just about any outfit. Check them out if you love your statement jewellery! 









2 comments:

  1. love this products! lots of love,
    www.rachelkromdijk.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace, its so pretty! love a good statement necklace :)

    Zoe xxx
    www.zoeliannex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS