Thursday 17 October 2013

Current Favourites

I hope you're having a fabulous October so far! The temperature has noticeably dropped during the past few days, so we're officially on our way to winter... I have to admit, I hate the colds and bugs that come with the change in weather but I've (weirdly) been enjoying the chill :)
 
I thought it was time for another favourites post! It was quite hard narrowing it down as I've discovered a lot of goodies during the past month or so, but I've chosen my top picks, the products that have really stood out.


 

 

 
MAC 'Rebel'
 
I've mentioned this lipstick a lot recently, so I won't ramble on about it, but I received this in a beauty swap a couple of weeks ago and I've worn it alot since then. It's the perfect purple/plum shade for Autumn and I adore the formula (satin) too.
 
£15.00
 
 
Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris
 
This toner is for combo-oily skin and I've been loving how gentle but effective it is. It removes any last traces of makeup after cleansing but doesn't dry out my skin, in fact it leaves my face feeling soft, smooth and clean. It has a slight scent to it, but nothing that noticeable.
 
£18.00
 
 
Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me
 
As the name suggests, this is the Cherry version of the much hyped Baby Lips. I actually bought a couple of these on ebay when they were only available in the US, but I grabbed this one when they hit the UK and I can't get enough of it. I love cherries! And the scent is so strong. I know it's just a lip balm but on the days I've not been wearing Rebel I've just been applying this to keep my lips shiny and moisturised and it also gives my lips a lovely deep pink tint.
 
£2.99
 
 
Herbal Essences 'Hello Hydration' Intensive Mask with Coconut Extract
 
Wow, that's a mouthful... I haven't really been fussed about Herbal Essences in the past, but I noticed a lot of bloggers and vloggers going mad for their new products, particularly the Bee Strong range, but being a lover of coconut I decided to give this mask a go. It's really affordable and you get a lot of product too, I love the coconut scent as it's not too overpowering but just sweet enough :) I have to say I was hugely impressed with this! I also picked up the regular conditioner from the same range which is also good but this really blew me away. For a drugstore brand, I couldn't believe how soft this made my hair. I've been using it for about 3-4 weeks (once or twice a week) and I've definitely noticed a huge difference, my hair is super soft and just looks to be in much better condition. This is definitely worth a try!
 
£4.19
 
 
Miracle Oil
 
I won this in a giveaway and I'd heard it's a great dupe for the much loved Moroccan Oil, so I was excited to give it a go. Wow. It's seriously awesome stuff! I've never tried Moroccan Oil, so I can't comment on any similarities there but this is the best hair oil I've tried so far. I apply a small amount (the size of a 50p) to damp hair, concentrating on the ends and then dry my hair as normal. When I first used this, I was shocked! My ends were so soft and felt like I'd just had a fresh haircut! This may seriously be a holy grail product for me. I use it almost every time I wash my hair and the results are just brilliant. I looked up the price for this and it's much cheaper than the popular alternative.
 
£13.50
 
 
Vaseline 'Cocoa Radiance' Moisturising Lotion
 
Another drugstore gem! I love anything that smells of cocoa butter and this is seriously yummy! It's a medium consistency which I prefer to thicker body butters and it sinks straight into the skin without leaving me feeling greasy. Not much more to say on that really but I've been using it non stop during the past month.
 
£4.99
 
 
Yankee Candle 'Salted Caramel'
 
If you read my Autumn Tag then you'll know I've had my eye on this baby for a while! This is definitely the time of year to enjoy some scrummy scented candles and I've been really loving this one. It's sweet smelling but with a slight salty edge and it's perfect for Autumn.
 
£8.39 (Small jar)
 


5 comments:

  1. Love yankee candles! The salted caramel sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with Rebel by Mac and the candle sounds so nice! xxxx
    Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my favourite MAC lipsticks! And yep I love a good Yankee candle x

      Delete
  3. I love rebel :) my fave autumn shade... that candle sounds gorgeous too love yankee candles

    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS